Install VCL for Perpetual license

Posted: 01/10/2018 17:08:30
by wiserh systems (Premium support level)

Hi,

How do I install vcl packages when my license type is perpetual?

what steps should I follow?
what order of packages should I install?
do I need to install all the packages?

I'm using Delphi7

thanks
Joao Rueda
Posted: 01/10/2018 17:15:09
by Eugene Mayevski (Team)

Dear Mr.Rueda,

Thank you for contacting us.

The installation procedure for the precompiled units and packages is the same with the evaluation and licensed version. Actually, what you download in both cases is the same package.

The installation procedure is described in the help file; the online version of it can be found on https://www.secureblackbox.com/kb/help...l_vcl.html.

Be sure to close all instances of Delphi IDE before running the installer.

The instructions also describe the procedure for the source code package (available only with perpetual licenses for VCL edition, Professional package). You don't need to install all package (especially, manually), but it's easier to install everything using the included project group file, than to select packages one by one (we have about 20 package files to install).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/10/2018 20:44:18

Mr. Eugene,

when I follow the process and install the first bpl all looks good, when the second package I get the error

could not find procedure entry point @ Sbutils @ SwSPackageIncluded $ qqri in BaseBBoxD7.bpl dynamic link library

thanks
João Rueda
Posted: 01/11/2018 06:46:40
by Eugene Mayevski (Team)

There exists a copy of the BPLs in Windows system directory (C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\System32WOW64). It is installed there by the installer of the precompiled version. If you compile your own set of packages from source, you need to delete the BPLs in Windows system directory and copy the newly compiled packages there instead. Otherwise you end up with two different copies of the BPLs and Delphi loads the wrong one.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/11/2018 11:48:07

Mr. Eugene,

thanks , works like a charm.

I had forgotten SysWow64.

Statistics

Topic viewed 49 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS business operates as a division of /n software, inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!